Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape transport gentleness was delicacy WAS reel choices was help in fair pricing of reel to reel machines

At 06:00 PM 2007-01-24, Tape Archive wrote:
Hi Richard,

I'm glad one of my machines made your list. The Ampex 100(104 at our
facility).

I've got some catching up to do. Hello Ebay?

Hello, Bruce, Goodbye Ebay,

No, I don't think you need to do any catching up. I think what works for you is a good thing. Heck, Kiwi did all her great transfers in NZ on B67s which worked for her.

It's all how you work and what you become used to. Since you're already invested in ATR-100s (presumably having solved the issues that Steve worries about with the transport going crazy on bad splices) that is a fantastic platform going forward. It's one of very few recorders with real support (from Spitz). Alan Silverman uses an ATR-102, I think, for his work perhaps with the Aria electronics.

I know I addressed my message to you, but that was in error--I had read your reply about Otaris and had your name in my mind. I wish I had known you were into MTR-10s/12s when I sold mine to Wes Dooley -- I don't think he got his money back.

Cheers,

Richard