Re: [ARSCLIST] Question on matrix take numbers

--- Mal Rockwell <malcolm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you're talking about late 1930s / early 1940s (RCA) Victor then
> 1A is
> a second cutting table duplicating the first. Signal is split and
> sent
> to both tables simultaneously. Some modern restorers have been able
> obtain a faux stereo by using both the "1" and "1A" sides synced
> together.

How could anyone derive a "stereo" image from two recordings
of the same signal?  "Stereo" surface noise, maybe... :-)
I thought the "reconstructed" stereo recordings were from
two lathes using two separate microphones.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index