Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recorded Sound Preservation Study

Hi
We had several discs when I worked in New Zealand, but they were not clear.
My understanding was they were produced just after WWII began in 1939,
probably 1940.  This was the save the aluminium for the war effort.  These
glass discs were heavy and normally had a sticker on the sleeve, saying they
were glass.  The inner part, around where the spindle goes was clear.  The
outer edge was also usually clear, so you would know it was glass (if there
wasn't a sticker on the sleeve!).
Cheers

Marie

Marie O'Connell
Sound Archivist/Audio Engineer/Sound Consultant
3017 Nebraska Avenue
Santa Monica, CA, 90404
Ph: 310-453-1615
Fax: 310-453-1715