Re: [ARSCLIST] Question on matrix take numbers

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx>
> How could anyone derive a "stereo" image from two recordings
> of the same signal?  "Stereo" surface noise, maybe... :-)
> I thought the "reconstructed" stereo recordings were from
> two lathes using two separate microphones.

In some cases, the "1A" take involved a second cutter fed by a second
microphone (in case of any problems with mike, cable, etc.) so that
the two takes, when "synced" (no easy task!) produce an actual stereo
result. The problem is that the only way of finding these pairs is
to listen to the 1 and 1A takes of all such examples...

...stevenc