Re: [ARSCLIST] Question on matrix take numbers

This is a designation RCA employed in the mid-30s & eteherefter, when two
recording machines made simultaneous masters of performances.  "1A" was a
safety disc, and normally not used unless "1" turned out to have problems.
Dick

Larry Friedman <disquod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>
11/27/2006 11:44 AM
Please respond to
Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>

ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[ARSCLIST] Question on matrix take numbers

I've recently started to pay closer attention to matrix numbers. The take
numbers appended to the end of them are often instructive. Could someone
more knowledgeable than I explain to me the difference between a take
listed
as "1" and one listed as "1A"? Does the latter mean a dubbing, and, if so,
what does this imply?

Thanks for your help.

-Larry Friedman