Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS

Exactly my point. Of course they want it out. Then in that case does the US government want it out also?
The recordings from 1888-1929 are probably the most revealing information about the development of racial attitudes in the United States.

If everyone had simple access to them, they would have a better understanding of the situation.

From: David Breneman <david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:12:10 -0800

--- Mike Loughlin <mikel78_rpm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ...the record I just put on was "You're
> a Sap Mr.
> Jap".  Do you think the Sony Corporation really wants this record
> to see the light of day again?

There's a very strong undercurrent of moral relativism in
current Japanese discourse on WWII -- ie, "Sure, we had the
Bataan Death March, but the US had internment camps."  So,
yeah, if it played into this interpretation of history I
can see them wanting to release materials that made the
US look racist.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
(http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial! http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail