Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS

By an exteme coincidence after I finished my last reply to you I took the top record off of my 78 pile (I have about 3.000 78s about the house, I put a stack near the Victrola and play them once, usually I don't have my glasses on and don't even know what I'm playing until I hear it, then I get my glasses to find the title) the record I just put on was "You're a Sap Mr. Jap". Do you think the Sony Corporation really wants this record to see the light of day again?

From: David Breneman <david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 07:40:14 -0700

--- Mike Loughlin <mikel78_rpm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As you say, this has been decided by theLOC General Council, acting
> in the
> interest of Corporate America and not the American people.  If not,
> then
> what is the LOC saving this stuff for anyway? The record companies
> certainly didn't.

Statements like this leave me scratching my head.  What interest
does "Corporate America" have in keeping these items unavailable
to scholars?  Never ascribe to sinister conspiracy that which can
be readily explained by simple bureacratic lethargy.  And the
LOC, Smithsonian and other institutions actually hold onto things
for the sake of history, not as a way of doing the dirty work
for Eeevil commercial overlords.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx