Re: [ARSCLIST] Nanes; was - Early stereo mass market tapes

Karl,

So glad to see that Nanes get his due from a rue conoisseur of - je ne sais
quoi. In my active freelancing days, I played an entire concert at Town Hall
of his music (financed and possibly conducted by him also) and am still around
to tell of it. Sadly, I must admit that some of his LPs are taking up valuable
shelf space in my collection.

Regards,

Peter Hirsch

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:27:32 -0500, Karl Miller wrote
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, David Lennick wrote:
>
> > To this day I can't understand why anybody would have
> > bought a Ronnie Aldrich album.
>
> While this response is probably too much about music...but then it is
> somewhat discographical in content...

cut-snip-edit-cut-snip

> And, to bring us full circle, recalling our recent discussion of the
> Warsaw Concerto...my own personal choice for worst of the
> worst being the Piano Concerto by Jordan Waring...a descendant of the
> otherwise find choral conductor and inventor Fred Waring who made my
> favorite arrangement of the Warsaw Concerto. While Richard Nanes
> used to be near the top of pile of kitsch and the absurd, Jordan
> Waring seems to raised the bar. The Waring is still available on CD,
> a must have for those who must have it all...
>
> Karl

Peter Hirsch
punto@xxxxxxxx
(212) 569-8716 - home