Re: [ARSCLIST] Sound--real vs. recorded--was: discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

Hey Richard,
This is what I hear on the CD. I notice the level variation on the highs (violins) most. Phillip

The homogeneous PVC matrix Magnetophonband Typ L is holding up very well but suffered from substantial level variations across the tape's length, so there can be several dB of level change over a short period. One thing, apparently, that Mullin did was class all his tape to sensitivity and assembled reels of equal sensitivity.