Re: [ARSCLIST] discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

At 9/21/2006 08:58 PM, you wrote:
How about RCA (Japan)? Just one example of which I'm aware: the Appassionata Sonata which I believe we discussed earlier. To wrap it up neatly, it was pressed at 45 rpm and distributed in the U.S. not by the parent company but by Audio Technica.

I have another of those Japanese D to D 45 RPM disks: it's Vivaldi's Four Seasons, arranged for koto ensemble.

Add Sierra/Brier to the list of small labels who dabbled in direct-to-disk: They did an LP by the folksinger/songwriter Steve Gillette. Dunno if that was a one-off, or if they did other D-to-Ds.

John Ross