Re: [ARSCLIST] discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

Notable for one of the loudest bass drum whacks in recorded history. Fennell was a drum guy. That one was mastered by Stan Ricker, who knows bass and how to get it on a record.
Phillip

Peter Hirsch wrote:
Dave,

Not this one. Holst suites 1 and 2, Bach Fantasia in G major (Richard Franko Goldman, arr. <aside -- I have the pleasurable memory of having played this arrangement under RFG a number of times as a member of his band in the mid 70s>) and Royal Fireworks make up the disc. I think there may have been a Volume 2 from the CSW and Fennell; the Grainger definitely rings a bell.

Regards,

Peter Hirsch

David Lennick wrote:
Has "Lincolnshire Posy", doesn't it? I think I have a copy squirreled away. I
also seem to remember an Earl Wild LP on one of those audiophile labels..was
that D2D?

dl