Re: [ARSCLIST] Preserving the sound

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Hirsch" <punto@xxxxxxxx>

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/21/nyregion/21train.html?hp&ex=1158897600&en=188d3e1dbe8c2282&ei=5094&partner=homepage

> It is certainly recorded sound related, though I don't know where I
> would file it.
>
> Peter Hirsch

Back in my youth, when "hi-fi" systems were just becoming all the rage
(and especially when stereo was introduced) recordings of trains, auto
races and the like were all but mandatory for folks who wanted to show
off their new sound systems!

As well, I think I have a 78 that came with an electric train set...no
idea exactly how its owner "synced" the train actions with the sounds
on the records, though!