Re: [ARSCLIST] Not using headphones

There's a great blue-grass band, forgot the name but they've been on Austin City Limits at least twice and I think also on that West Virginia public TV show, maybe called Mountain Jam or Mountain Stage. They work around one mic, probably a dual-capsule condenser set at figure 8. These guys are experts at moving close and out, varying their dynamics for this beautiful natural balance and harmony, both vocal harmony and balanced between instruments and vocals. I doubt very many pros back in the day were as good at this technique as these guys. I wish I could remember their name, I think it's some brothers or a father and sons.

Del McCoury?