Re: [ARSCLIST] Not using headphones

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> It has unfortunately become very common to only hire an experienced
recording engineer for the final mix. This is a practice that's selling lots
of studio time and lots of recording gear as people try to figure out what's
wrong with their recordings but it's also killing the quality of the music.

Far as I'm concerned (and I'm a musician as well) the only way to
record is "live off the floor" (separate tracks allowed, but NO isolation
of players!) which allows interaction between/among the players (a
vital part of the band's "sound!").

Using separate and isolated tracks for each musician not only
disallows any interaction...it also drags out recording sessions,
as the players inevitably react with "Wait a minute! Let me cut
another attempt...I think I can play it better!).

Keep in mind that most of the classic 78-era recordings were
made using a single mike, with no isolation of players...