Re: [ARSCLIST] tape eaten by 112mkII

Richard L. Hess wrote:

>This means that the head has not retracted from the shell. I don't know the inside of the Tascam machine well enough to guide you, >but you need to open the machine up and attempt to retract the mechanism.

I don't know the tascam very well either, but I've found with other cassette decks that usually you can release the mechanism from play mode by opening the case (unplug the power cord first!) and gently rotating the capstan flywheel in the direction opposite from that which it rotates when in play mode. This will back the heads and pinch roller out of the cassette housing, and will allow you to open the door and unwind the tape from the capstan.

Peter