Re: [ARSCLIST] tape eaten by 112mkII

Hi, Brandon,

Yes, indeed it's frustrating, but a way of life with cassettes (analog and digital).

The eject button is locked because the machine still thinks it's in play, I would suspect. This means that the head has not retracted from the shell. I don't know the inside of the Tascam machine well enough to guide you, but you need to open the machine up and attempt to retract the mechanism. There is often a separate motor and large, convoluted cam system that does all of this moving.

A Tascam repair shop might be a good place to start if you don't have the necessary tools and experience inside machines. I send my cassette machines out for service currently, but repair my own open reel machines and my electronics.

Cheers,

Richard