Re: [ARSCLIST] Ampex 456 - tip of the iceberg...chemistry

On Jun 16, 2006, at 5:52 PM, Richard L. Hess wrote:

Hi, Lou,

Keep wondering!

Rest assured. Not a problem.

I'm not sure the Shamrock/Melody/White Box/etc helps much as it is so variable -- it could be anything. I think we'll learn more sticking with "name brand" tapes - they present enough of a challenge as it is.

Too true!

I'm not saying nothing can be learned from seconds, but I can think of all the variables. I was talking with someone today in the early stages of the freezing experiment and the variables just keep piling up.

Variables - R - us... indeed.

I gave away my Gilbert Chemistry Set many years ago, but I'd love to have an FT-IR machine and a gas chromatagraph. ... and the skill to drive them.

Got a Chemist friend? ;-)

<L>

Cheers,

Richard