Re: [ARSCLIST] S-S-S and tape baking

A radio company I worked for in the 70s and 80s used hundreds of boxes of Shamrock - which we knew was cast off and substandard Ampex, but they were on a tight budget - and all of it had brown oxide and black backcoating, except a few random reels that were not backcoated. All was 1.5 mil. Much of it is what I now have to transfer to digital, and some of it is nasty stuff.

Fortunately they switched to Scotch 176 and all of that has been excellent to play now, still "broadcast quality" as it ever was even though it was duplicator tape.

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689