Re: [ARSCLIST] S-S-S and tape baking

Hmm, I find it a lot safer to bake all open reel tapes before playing or winding them - except for acetate of course. Saves possible loss of oxide and signal and messing up machines... and doesn't hurt the non sticky ones.

By the way, the previous post that mentioned 60C - isn't that 140 degree Fahrentheit? I think 130 is a lot safer, 54.6 C or something like that. 140 is too hot for audio tapes, I believe...

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689