Re: [ARSCLIST] De-static question

Lou Judson wrote:
Brrrrr! All this talk of weisghting the stylus for Lps just makes me cringe! For 78s maybe okay but on microgroove and stereo Lps isn't that damaging? I know it is. Diskwasher 3, now 4, is all I use, other than a wash with Ivory when they need it! The moistening just before playing takes the static away...

The only occasions on which I've weighted the cartridge for LPs are when warp causes mistracking. Even then, only a slight increase - a gram or two at most - makes sense because with more the stylus tends to bottom out.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/