Re: [ARSCLIST] De-static question

Lou Judson wrote:

> Brrrrr! All this talk of weisghting the stylus for Lps just makes me
> cringe! For 78s maybe okay but on microgroove and stereo Lps isn't that
> damaging? I know it is. Diskwasher 3, now 4, is all I use, other than a
> wash with Ivory when they need it! The moistening just before playing
> takes the static away...

Desperate times called for desperate measures. Definitely not something I'd do
as a matter of course, and certainly not to my own records unless I had no
other way to get one last play out of them, but actually it did no harm..a dime
isn't going to add THAT much weight, just enough to get the tip down a little
deeper, and the next play always sounded perfect. I was there.

dl