Re: [ARSCLIST] OT: EAS/EBS in the US was Deejays

At 09:24 AM 1/31/2006, Angie Dickinson Mickle wrote:

I don't think I have to point out how dangerous this all was for the American public who still thought they could rely on the Emergency Broadcast System.

At least, now with Sirius and XM the listener knows the Jock isn't local.

And no one has mentioned Clear Channel. The devil of the industry (music and radio).

Hi, Angie,

Ummmm, I hate to bring this up, but there is a story related here

http://www.moveon.org/moveonbulletin/bulletin12.html#1

That is important to understand what can happen with this.

I don't know the answer - we're building an interesting world for our children, eh?

Although this is broadcasting related, I'm not sure it's really within the ARSC charter to cover this topic, so I've marked it OT.

Cheers????

Richard