Re: [ARSCLIST] Pirated Mengelberg 78s

Don,I feel real stupid,here,having just recognized  who you are.I have a couple of early Heifitz Lps,rubber stamped with  the name of your predecessor,Norman Pelligrini.How these found thier  way out here is a mystery.Are the CSO retrospectives avaliable on the  web? If not,why aren't they?Why aren't there more such programs on a  regular basis,worldwide?God knows, there is a market for them.This  thread has is interesting,but it doen't answer my questions.Have the  articles posted at henteeth.com,been revised,and updated?Also,do the  recordings here duplicate those on the "RCA"Lps? Roger

Don Tait <Dontaitchicago@xxxxxxx> wrote:    This software doesn't seem to enable me to quote anyone's messages, so
after saying that I've enjoyed the discussion I'll say about Obie, pirates, et.al.
that Mengelberg's Concertgebouw recording of Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony
(Telefunken SK 2424/9) was pirated on the "Music Appreciation Recordings of the
World's Greatest Music" 78 series. The labels say "World's Greatest
Symphonies," the disc numbers are X-40/44, and they are in a flimsy album with a leaflet
of notes. The labels say "Copyright 1941 Music Appreciation Projects, Inc."

  I used to also have a set of Dvorak's New World in this series but was
never able to identify what the souce recording might have been. It wasn't the
Mengelberg Telefunken; Mengelberg is always unmistakable.

  Don Tait