Re: [ARSCLIST] Pirated Mengelberg 78s

Inc."

> I recently found the Beethoven Eroica on "World's Greatest Symphonies",
in two 3-disc
> albums, and I'd bet it's the Mengelberg although I haven't made a direct
comparison yet.

The Eroica is Schuricht / Berlin Philharmonic (rec. September 1941).

Up until this exchange I, and thus my website, confused "RCA" with "RCA
Victor", and had further assumed this was a licensed issue. It's a relief
to realize that they were pirated; the thought that someone in the states
was licensing from Polydor in 1941 is a bit nauseating. Yes, I know much
worse went on, but still.

Regards,
Eric Grunin
www.grunin.com/eroica