Re: [ARSCLIST] CD-ROM marking pens

Much less hi tech..... we have storage areas with floor to ceiling
shelves on either side thus presenting - literally - walls of sound (a
la Phil Spector!) that form towering and claustrophobic four foot wide
corridors.  On the outside of the areas are the bar code ranges within
the pens and then it's easy to find the box and thus the disc.  This is
testament to the hard working and efficient and oft un-sung troglodytes
that look after the storage facility and ensure that 'everything has its
place'.

Frost has gone - lucky for hot house flowers like me - so.....

Reagards from a misty, damp and mild London.

Nigel

British Library Sound Archive

	Oh! So you have to carry an electronic reader to find things? I
am
	completely unfamiliar with such large facility storage, so it
only
	seems odd to me... Does the bar code or catalog tell you where
to go
	looking for it? My paltry imagination sees you passing a wand
over
	millions of CD boxes in serch of the one you want, but I am sure
it is
	more organized than that!

	How frosty is it in London now? We had a chilly 50 degrees F
last 	night
	in San Francisco. Warmer than it is in July at night! Watiing fo

	rain...

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The Library's St Pancras site is WiFI - enabled

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@xxxxx : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.