Re: [ARSCLIST] Little azimuth trick

George Brock-Nannestad wrote in a message I've yet to receive, and I'm not sure my "Little azimuth trick: more explanation" made it, either but anyway, thanks for the kind words, George! You explained it better than I.

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad
----- this is what we all do. However, Richard took the signals from the
"edge" tracks (i.e. those almost ½ inch apart), realizing that the 1 kHz
signals (a _low_ frequency) were in phase in all channels, and generated the
Lissajous from these. This is a good (and novel) way to obtain precision. The
need for obtaining a maximum amplitude reading does not arise at this low
frequency - you cannot tilt the head so much that you get an erroneous
"lower" maximum at this frequency, unless it is a monitoring tape at very,
very low speed.

Thank you, Richard, for this neat trick!

Vignettes Media web: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/