[ARSCLIST] Little azimuth trick

Hi, all,

Last night I was transferring a 4-track, 1/2" tape and it only had
1kHz tones at the head and the azimuth didn't sound right. It
appeared the tones were recorded as part of the same session and not
an add on. But there were no HF tones.

I used the two outer tracks and fed that into the vector display
software and it was pretty easy and definitive to get a null in the
Lissajous figure.

Just thought I'd pass it along FWIW in case you already weren't doing
this type of thing. Remember, azimuth errors can't really be fixed in post.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                           email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vignettes