[ARSCLIST] Hearing aids--was: Sampling Theory (was Fred Layn's post on the Studer list re: Q...

----- Original Message -----
From: <Dnjchi@xxxxxxx>
> When I was a teenager I could hear the flyback frequency of a TV set, even
> from another room.  But now, at 71, and the result of inherited hearing
nerve
> deafness, I use two digital hearing aids to get most everything above
about 2000
> Hz.  By careful adjustment, I can delete all record scratch from my 78s!
> Don chichester
Hmm-m-m-m...
Are you suggesting that your hearing aids have user-adjustable tone
control?!

I wear two hearing aids...they were adjusted by the supplier on a one-time-
only basis. I was actually thinking of trying to put something together
using the little five or seven-band eq's used for walkman-type players and
audio amp chips that would give me the chance to muck about with the
settings in various different settings. Have hearing-aid manufacturers
beaten me to my idea?
...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/