Re: [ARSCLIST] Egmont Mikado

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Steven Smolian wrote:

> This is the LA Everest, of course, the EJS of "legitimate" reissue
> companies.  Having worked for the Belock or "real" Everest, you might think
> I have an axe to grind.  Actually, the LA company had despoiled the Everst
> name by careless production, off-pitch reissues from various sources, bad
> electronic stereo, worse pressings, shady labeling practices, etc.

My favorite Everest issue was the Grofe Atlantic Crossing...not exactly
great art, but when Everest issued it (a London release orignally as I
recall) it was pitched at least one or two half steps high...making the
narrator sound a bit sillier than even the original...kinda like Manhattan
Tower meets the Titanic.

Karl