Re: [ARSCLIST] Scanners for album covers?

At 10:07 AM 9/17/2004 -1000, Mal Rockwell wrote:
It hasn't been mentioned but Photoshop 7.0 has a "join" function that lets you
join multiple scans of oversized photos. So, if your scanner has the glass of
the bed flush with the surround, you can join two scans seamlessly with an
ordinary 8.5 x 14 scanner.
Malcolm R

The term for 'join' varies; as I wrote, I use another program which calls it "stitch". Regardless, the seam can be virtually invisible, but if there are no other corrections to be made, then using the editor at all can be a significant penalty in time. If the objective is high resolution, be aware that 24 bits (uncompressed, RGB, 8 bits per color) at 300 dpi will be about 39 MB; at 600 DPI, over 150 MB.

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/