Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio Material Assessment Survey

Hello again,

Thank you both Rod and Don! You were correct to assume that I
was rewinding at a high speed.  Given the size of the
collection I am looking at, even with a sample, playback
assessment would be way too time consuming for every reel in a
box.

Is there a preferred method of practice for playback assessment
in a collection?  For example with 14 reels in a box would it
be  acceptable to play and rewind one of each type (type
meaning brand/material.  So far the boxes I have looked at have
contained 3 or 4 different brands, 2 different materials and 2
different speeds.)

Thanks, Allison
Allison Feist, Graduate Assistant
Modern Languages & Linguistics Library