Re: [ARSCLIST] Where to find NTSC Color Bar and sound tones

NTSC = National Television System Standards, the people who invented the
American TV standard back in the early 50s

Engineers joke that it means Never Twice the Same Color

Color bars is an electronic signal that are placed at the beginning of the
tape so that when the tape is duplicated, image values can be matched. The
audio tone is usually 1000 Hertz sine to match audio levels

Both audio tones and video bars are generated by a generator.

That's good advice to use them, but a small library doesn't seem likely to
have such equipment around, nor that to match the signal. Adding them after
the fact is rather like ready-fire-aim. Beside's if they are duping on
equipment with auto level control, their adjustments would be meaningless
anyway.

Joe Salerno
Video Works! Is it working for you?
PO Box 273405 - Houston TX 77277-3405