[ARSCLIST] shellac and acidity

Dear ARSC Folks,

I have recently inspected several shellac discs albums and observed that in some
cases, the discs seem to have absorbed the acidity of sleeves. In the corners of
the sleeves, colors have fainted, which is generally considered as a sign of
acidification, whereas the part of the sleeves which is directly in contact with
the disc keeps its original color. Does anyone know why, because I wonder if
this could be a sign of chemical interaction between discs and acid paper ?

Thank you.

Alain Carou
Bibliothèque nationale de France