Re: [ARSCLIST] shellac and acidity

I have a different theory for what might be happening. The portions of the sleeves that don't touch the discs are exposed to the atmosphere and over time the atmospheric pollutants have discolored the sleeves. The portions of the sleeves in contact with the record are pressed tightly together, keeping out the air. Therefore you don't see the color change and deterioration here. This is similar to the way that the edges of the text block of a book will deteriorate more quickly that the inner portion that is exposed to less air.

David Seubert
UCSB