Re: [ARSCLIST] shellac and acidity

Hello, Alain,

There MIGHT be another explanation...

Where the paper is in contact with the disc it is pressed tightly to its
neighbor. Where there is no disk, the air is free to reach the surface of
the paper and exchange, thereby leaching out some of the ink long-term.
I've seen this with newspapers, the exposed parts hanging out of a folder
are more degraded than the part in the folder.

Just my 0.02Euros...

This was still in the out queue when I read David Seubert's message...maybe
it's a Southern California response, but his air up in Santa Barbara is
MUCH cleaner than mine down here in Glendale <smile>.

Richard