Re: [ARSCLIST] Retro Vinyl CDs

At 01:45 PM 5/3/2003 -0700, Paul T. Jackson wrote:
Collectors might be interested in this novel idea for Retro Digital Vinyl
CD burning. I'm wondering how confusing the retro information might be
with other material burned on the disc?

"Retro Vinyl Records" seems to be the name of many stores for Lps or old
tunes in new re-issues. So are we to understand they sell old Vinyl
(original) discs, or are they selling the old music on new CDs, like above.

I believe the term refers to a line of CD recording media from Verbatim. They are printed to resemble 7-inch, 45-rpm discs, but beneath the printing are ordinary, write-once CD blanks.

Information should be available at Verbatim's WWW site.

I cannot translate your last sentence. Are the "they" Verbatim or the
LP/reissue vendors? In any event, I cannot see confusion between blank CD
media and pressed recordings on shellac, vinyl or polycarbonate.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/