Re: [ARSCLIST] Retro Vinyl CDs

Yes a lot is being reissued lately, even if previously released on CD. There
are also CD's that even have a rubber like side with fake grooves. I'm not
sure how this affects sound quality, but they look cool. There are also many
choice audiofile vinyl reissues on vinyl too, such as Johnny Cash "Blues
Train" Album, Velvet Underground's "White Heat/White Light" and the
soundtrack to "Blow up" among them. Johny Cash's latest album was even
released on vinyl first, weeks before the CD came out, and some artists are
putting the bonus tracks on the vinyl editions instead of on the CD version
too. I'm not sure if this is the bright light of a setting sun or proof of
the longevity of vinyl, but we can inly hope.

As I understand it, these aren't actually vinyl...they just have the printed side done to imitate an old vinyl record. Am I correct?

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail