arsclist non-member questions about CD-Rs

Hello everyone,

I have seen some varied opinions regarding archival CD-Rs (which may be a contradiction in terms!), but I am working with the Naval and Marine Corps Historical Foundation on some oral history archives.  The project coordinator had a few questions regarding what the list thinks since it appears that Kodak is ending the Gold CD-R production.
I, too, could use the education, so I would appreciate any help regarding the following questions.  Thanks in advance for your help!
You can either reply off-list to me at jspencer@xxxxxxxxx, or post to the list.

  1. In light of Kodak’s decision to discontinue marketing gold archival media, where will the community look for archival CD-R media with excellent keeping quality?
  2. Which CD housing (sleeve or case) is the least reactive and most recommended for long-term storage of CDs.
  3. Which labeling method is most recommended for Archival Master CDs?
John Spencer
Otari Corp.