arsclist Possible Vogue Picture Records Book?

Today I was the Atlantique City Antique show and had a short conversation
with Peter Schiffer, president of Schiffer Books, who publish the great
Fabrizio/Paul books on Antique Phonographs.  Peter asked what other topics I
could suggest. One came immediately to mind.

Since Shipper published lots of glossy color photos, a volume of all the
Vogue Picture records would be ideal. There have been two books on Vogues
but, I think both are long out of print. The one in color was in Italian! So
if Schiffer published full page photos of the Vogues in order along with a
history of the label, I'm sure many collectors would pay $39.95 -$49.95 or so
for a hardbound copy. Or $29.95 for a quality softbound one.

Tim Brooks had written an excellent history for Record Research YEAR ago and
he might be able to adapt it. Or someone else who has done research and has a
large collection could do this. Or maybe someone could put Peter in touch
with the Italian publisher for the English version rights.

Anyway, when I proposed this, Peter said, "How many collectors of Vogues are
out there and would buy such a book? I said I'd be willing to post a survey
on the Newsgroups (Phonolist, 78-L, Arsclist and Phono-L) and ask people to
let him know. Hence this posting.

If you would be interested in such a book, please email Peter. If you can
help with publication, so much the better.

Peter's Address is Peterschiffer@xxxxxxx In subject put : "Interest in Vogue
Picture Records Book". The next Fabrizio & Paul book is Gadgets & Gizmos #2.
And Schiffer has another book on 45 rpm Phonos coming out in their next
catalog.

Steve Ramm
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html