Re: arsclist non-member questions about CD-Rs

John Spencer wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have seen some varied opinions regarding archival CD-Rs (which may
> be a contradiction in terms!), but I am working with the Naval and
> Marine Corps Historical Foundation on some oral history archives.  The
> project coordinator had a few questions regarding what the list thinks
> since it appears that Kodak is ending the Gold CD-R production.
> I, too, could use the education, so I would appreciate any help
> regarding the following questions.  Thanks in advance for your help!
> You can either reply off-list to me at jspencer@xxxxxxxxx, or post to
> the list.
>

>   1. In light of Kodak?s decision to discontinue marketing gold
>      archival media, where will the community look for archival CD-R
>      media with excellent keeping quality?
>   2. Which CD housing (sleeve or case) is the least reactive and most
>      recommended for long-term storage of CDs.
>   3. Which labeling method is most recommended for Archival Master
>      CDs?
>
> John Spencer
> Otari Corp.

There are no magic brands. Testing is the answer, as we have discovered
in our quality lab. We can qualify media for you, and can support you
with all the above items. Some answers are on our web site:

http://www.mscience.com/

In depth knowledge can be gained at our seminars. One of these will be
held April 2-5.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.

-