Re: arsclist volume Control

Hi Wifeofgeorge00

Wifeofgeorge00> I'm trying to learn how to burn cd's from vinyl and
Wifeofgeorge00> i've run into a problem i haven't been able to solve.

I'm not sure this is the right group to clutter with this type of
thing, but I'll try and give you a couple of quick checks.

Wifeofgeorge00> I've connected my turntable to my receiver and my
Wifeofgeorge00> receiver is plugged into the Line In port on the
Wifeofgeorge00> speaker of my compaq presario.

I'm not familiar with this machine, but I assume you didn't really
mean what you said and that the connection has been made to the
line-in of the soundcard.  If so, that's the correct connection.

Wifeofgeorge00> When i put the arm down onto the album to play it, the
Wifeofgeorge00> volume is very loud and i'm unable to control it
Wifeofgeorge00> either by the receiver volume control or the internal
Wifeofgeorge00> controls of the speakers. Any suggestions?

The receiver volume control *should not* affect the level, that's the
whole reason for using the auxiliary (or line) out of the receiver -
which I assume you must be doing.  This is correct.

I also assume you are running Windows? If so, my conjecture is that
you do not have the Windows software mixer properly set up for
recording. If you know how to access and adjust it, please check this.

If you don't, or you still have a problem, it would probably please a
lot of people here if you contact me offlist, when I'll try and help.

Graeme Jaye

GRJAYE@xxxxxxxx

Audio Restoration and CD Repair
http://www.personal-cd.com

Hobby Musician - find some of my stuff here
http://www.mp3.com/graemejaye

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.