please post

Applications now being accepted

Museum Textile Services is pleased to announce that the 2009 Ancient Peruvian Textiles Workshop will take place from January 11-21 in Lima, Peru. The theme of the 2009 workshop is "cotton." We will document, conserve and mount pre-Columbian cotton textiles from the collection of the Huaca Malena Museum (http://huacamalena.perucultural.org.pe/). Prior to the start of classes we will make a three-day excursion to Northern Peru to visit the Bruning Museum in Lambayeque, the Sicán National Museum in Ferreñafe, and the archaeological site of Tucume. At Tucume we will have a hands-on lesson in cotton spinning and weaving.

This course is geared toward museum professionals and others with museum sensibilities and excellent hand skills who want to learn about textile conservation and pre-Columbian cultures while visiting Peru. Past students have included conservators from all disciplines, archaeologists, weavers, historians, and textile aficionados ranging in age from college students to retirees. To see photos from past years please visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/patina_green/sets/.

The course cost is $1000 per person. This includes up to eleven nights of double-occupancy accommodation, ground transportation, tuition, and guides. Single rooms may be available upon request at a higher cost. This fee does not including airfares, return transportation to the airport after the course, lunches, or dinners.

Please email Camille Myers Breeze at museumtextiles@xxxxxxxxx for an application form or for more information.

--
Camille Myers Breeze, Director
Museum Textile Services