Fusible interfacing again.

Thank you Irene.  I am beginning to suspect strongly that the product
used on the trade union banner was "Stitch Witchery" which is widely
available.  This is one of the Polyamide web type fusible interfacings.
The manufacturer's tip for removing the product is to use an iron 'set
to the highest heat possible' and then to peel it quickly off while
still hot.  Unfortunately, I don't have direct access to the product as
it is trapped between the front and back of the banner.  Does anyone
have any thoughts on other ways of dealing with Polyamides?  I seem to
remember that similar products such as soluble Nylon are all but
impossible to remove.
Joanne Hackett.