Re: alternative to Goretex

Dear Karen

I am responding to you from the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney. We are currently looking to replenish our stocks of Goretex and have been astounded by the price. We were very interested in the alternative you have found. If it is possible could you please fax us the data sheets as well?  Our fax number is:  011 61 2  92983780
With thanks
Sue Frost

>>> karin.vonlerber@xxxxxxxxxx 8/03/01 19:17:00 >>>
we have recently been informed about a possible alternative to Goretex by colleagues in Berlin. The Fabric is somewhat stiffer than Goretex. It is called "Miporex 013-100 (Art. Nr. 2306-11). It is a twill ("Kreuzköper") 100% Polyester fabric with a  membrane of Polyurethane. The Fabric comes in 150 cm width, white and weighs about 180 g/m2. Its main use is for apparel. The price is very competitive compared to Goretex: the meter costs less than  20.- SFR (aproximately 30.- to 35.- US$). To get the cheap price you have to explicitly ask for second quality fabric (has some minor weaving flaws and cannot be used for apparel).
The manufacturer is: C.F. Ploucquet GmbH & Co. Postfach 1740, D-89507 Heidenheim/Brenz
Tel. +49-7321-32 50, Fax +49-7321-32 52 72, e-mail: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx, www.ploucquet.de

Sincerely, Karin von Lerber

N.B. I just recieved the datasheet, which does not contain that much information. The datasheet is not available on the internet hompage of Ploucquet. If needed, I could fax the two pages.