Re: Doll storage

      Jane -- As a doll collector I can tell you never to store dolls face up,
whether bisque, compo or plastic/vinyl. This loosens sockets of fixed eyes and
locks sleep eyes or open/ shut eyes as well as those with the mechanism for
flirty eyes. And you would be wise to store plastic components separately in
another container.
     I can't give you the scientific information that others can on this list but
there have been some horror stories about storing plastic and vinyl dolls and I
know what ruinations my friends have had. And there is nothing you can do about
darkening, collapsing,  pink face and other transformations to doll bodies and
faces because each manufacturer has his own formula which continually changes.
Barbies in particular are prone to these epidemics.