Re: Doll storage

Hello Jane:

If you do decide to pack the "rubber" items separately, you might consider packing them in an oxygen-free environment. This would isolate the other materials from possible off gassing, but more importantly, would slow down the decomposition of the objects stored in the sealed anoxic environment.

You could pack easily pack the objects in small transparent barrier film bags with a long-lived, moisture neutral oxygen scavenger (RP-K) with the original dolls and boxes. Barrier film bags can be made to any size or dimension.

Sounds like fun- luckily I have 3 daughters, so once I passed through the puzzlement stage (all Dads go through various puzzlement stages) I got to know (albeit second-hand) the satisfaction of playing with of dolls.

js

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems
Micro-climate and Oxygen-free storage for Professional Conservators
www.gowncare.com toll-free 800 683-4696 fax: (416) 703-5991