From: Nancy Cyr [mailto:ncyr@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 1:35 PM
To: texcons@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Labeling

Hi Mary,

I asked this question of the registrar's discussion list about a year but no
one gave any replies. I would like to be able to use a laser printer with
powder toner not an ink jet printer to print accession tags. I wanted to
know if tyvek would withstand the heat of the printer, not being willing to
mess up my printer by experimenting. Has anyone successfully tried to print
tags with a laser printer?

Any way we can speed up the tag writing process, produce a completely
legible tag, and assure its archival quality would be a great improvement
over the hand written ones.

I, too, look forward to hearing from anyone else who has experimented.
Thanks, Nancy

Nancy Cyr
Museum Collections Manager
The Goldstein:A Museum of Design