Labeling

Hi Mary,

I asked this question of the registrar's discussion list about a year but no one gave any replies. I would like to be able to use a laser printer with powder toner not an ink jet printer to print accession tags. I wanted to know if tyvek would withstand the heat of the printer, not being willing to mess up my printer by experimenting. Has anyone successfully tried to print tags with a laser printer?

Any way we can speed up the tag writing process, produce a completely legible tag, and assure its archival quality would be a great improvement over the hand written ones.

I, too, look forward to hearing from anyone else who has experimented. Thanks, Nancy

Nancy Cyr
Museum Collections Manager
The Goldstein:A Museum of Design
University of Minnesota