[PADG:151] FW: Microfiche as Hazardous Material

FYI More on Microfiche.

Bob Schnare

-----Original Message-----
From: Scheck, George, Mr.
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 3:28 PM
To: Schnare, Robert, Prof.; Rosa, Lucille, Mrs.; Rowe, Wayne, Mr.
Subject: FW: Microfiche as Hazardous Material

      Number 2
-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of Government Document Issues
[mailto:GOVDOC-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Maryke H. Barber
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 12:21 PM
To: GOVDOC-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Microfiche as Hazardous Material

You might want to try Safety-Kleen: http://www.safety-kleen.com I found
their name in the rolodex I inherited with my job, and called them
recently re microfiche recycling. Their reply was yes, they could do it
-  but it would cost us money and not be worth our while until I had a
big batch. So, for now the fiche goes in a box and when we have a
critical mass, we'll call them back to investigate further. If anyone
has used this company, would you let me know? Thanks!

Maryke

Maryke Barber
Government Documents Coordinator
Wyndham Robertson Library, Federal Depository #0628A Hollins University
7950 E. Campus Dr., PO Box 9000 Roanoke, VA 24020 tel 540/362-6328 fax
540/3626756 mbarber@xxxxxxxxxxx