[PADG:2292] Re: Map cart

Christine,

I looked into this a couple of years ago. The NARA Archives II cart was
made by Russ Bassett. It's used for maps and oversized drawings as well as
for the transport of storage boxes. Russ Bassett still has the drawings
and was willing to make, but a minimum order was required. (As I recall,
the minimum order was three carts.)

At the time I checked the price was $2,724 including freight, but steel
prices have probably gone up since then. Perhaps if several libraries were
interested in buying they might quote a lower price. The contact at Russ
Bassett at that time was Kitty Powers. She can be reached at:
(800)350.2445 x3319. She will probably refer you to their local
representative for ordering.

Gary

Gary L.Menges Preservation Administrator Allen Library University of
Washington Box 352900 Seattle, WA. 98195-2900 (206) 685-1589 FAX (206)
685-8727 menges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx